- Trump's Wall Is Only One Potential Option for Border
Governments around the world are doing more than just putting up walls and fences — they are deploying smarter technology as well.
- The Smartest, Fastest Way to Park Your Car
Many common parking practices, such as circling to find a space closest to the entrance, waste time, according to research.
- Why This CEO Says You Shouldn't Check Your Email Today
- The Surprising Reason This Scientist Wants to Resurrect the Woolly Mammoth
- Easement Granted, Company Says Dakota Pipeline Can Proceed
- Why These Scientists Fear Contact With Aliens
- What is 'Snowboarding Big Air?' We'll Find Out in Year at Winter Games
- Human Trafficking: Flight Attendants Fight Back for Victims
- How the NFL Will One Day Bring the Super Bowl to You
- The Math Behind How Betting Odds Are Set
- How We're Teaching Endangered Coral Reefs to Help Themselves
- Real-life Footloose Law Abolished in This Oklahoma Town
A 40-year-old dancing ban that had residents of Henrietta feeling 'footloose,' has finally been overturned.
- Conservatives' Frustration Over Health Care Turns to Paul Ryan
- Algorithms Learn From Us, And We've Been Bad Parents
- Armed Vigilantes Hunt Migrants on the Edge of Europe
- We Tried It: Can Drinking Enough Water Improve Your Life?
- Why Medicaid Is So Hard for Republicans
- Trump's First Economic Report Card: A Strong 235,000 Jobs Added in February
- Why 'Homeland' Star Mandy Patinkin Is Furious
- One CEO's Secret to Success: Always Lead With Kindness
- Defrost a Windshield in Seconds: Here's How
- Protests Divide South Koreans After President Ousted
Police had braced for violence Saturday among protesters after three people died in another clash between police and Park's supporters Friday.
- Fired Flynn Showed 'Trifecta of Concerning Behavior': Expert
- Bitter Temperatures Sweep East Ahead of Major Nor'easter
- Here's Why Harvard Is Accepting the GRE
- Why Are These Rebels Having So Many Babies?
- Shopping Mall Ordered Shut in Germany After Attack Threat
- Coming to a TV Near You: Trump's America
- Way in Which U.S. Attorneys Told to Resign Came as Surprise: Source
- How 9 Million Painkillers Were Shipped to This Tiny Town
- Plane Passenger Falls Ill on Flight Full of Doctors
- Names and definitions of leaked CIA hacking tools
The WikiLeaks-hosted “Vault7” collection of documents allegedly leaked from within the CIA’s Computer Operations Group is a messy mix of jargon, incomplete info and broken links. So for your convenience I’ve gone through the whole pile of docs and listed as many of the tools and techniques mentione...
- Google’s Jamboard will cost $5,000, plus an annual management fee
Google’s delivering on its promise of keeping its interactive whiteboard under $6,000. Priced at $4,999, the Jamboard is just a hair more expensive than the 55-inch version of Cisco’s Sparkboard and considerably less so than the $8,999 Surface Hub, which was both the first of the trio to be announc...
- Google adds add-on support to Gmail
- Google updates Drive with a focus on its business users
- Google acquires AppBridge to help enterprises move their files to its cloud services
- Astro raises an $8 million Series A for its AI-powered email solution for teams
On the surface, Astro, launching its public beta today, is a nifty but not completely necessary email client that combines machine intelligence and a bot interface to improve workflows and increase the signal to noise ratio of mail for power users. But the real story is that the startup, backed wit...
- The Kairos Society, an organization for young entrepreneurs, has raised its own venture fund
The Kairos Society isn’t just trying to bring the next generation of entrepreneurs together — it’s investing in their companies, too. The organization today announced a seed fund called Kairos Society Ventures, and the portfolio already includes Abaris (which offers a private-sector alternative to ...
- Full coverage from Google Next 2017
- Snap opens second Spectacles pop-up shop in Venice, LA
- Google’s Compute Engine now offers machines with up to 64 CPU cores, 416GB of RAM
- Twitter tests a feature that warns users of profiles with ‘potentially sensitive content’
- At least Facebook’s unfair Instant Articles now let sites show more ads
- Google makes it easier for companies to transfer data to its cloud
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan are expecting another baby girl
- Chinese dating app Momo sees record revenue growth thanks to live streaming
Momo, China’s top location-based social networking app, has continued its impressive user growth from last year and added solid financial figures to back it up, according to its most recent earnings report. The company, which was previously backed by Alibaba, went public when it listed on Nasdaq in...
- Pocket’s new iMessage app just made sharing stories via chat a whole lot easier
Pocket, the smart bookmarking and content discovery service that was recently acquired by Mozilla, just launched an iMessage app that is pretty nifty for those who use both services regularly. I’ve been pretty frustrated with the lack of genuinely useful iMessage apps since its launch last Septembe...
- Crunch Report| Airbnb Raises $1 Billion
- Chowbotics raises $5 million for salad-making robots named Sally, of course
- Oculus CTO John Carmack is suing ZeniMax for $22.5 million
- NASA’s interplanetary radar spots tiny derelict satellite in forgotten lunar orbit
- Watch ‘High Resolution,’ a video series about design
- Done with Uber? Here are some alternatives
- Google’s Cloud Platform improves its free tier and adds always-free compute and storage services
- Tesla’s Kauai solar storage facility offers a glimpse of the company’s future
Tesla’s solar installation on the Hawaiian island of Kauai is not just a product launch of the company – it’s the first real proof the company’s offering up that its acquisition of SolarCity is not only smart, but necessary. Necessary, because it will help Tesla achieve its grand vision of making s...
- Twitch to relaunch Curse, acquired last year, as the more social Twitch Desktop App
Hot on the heels of rolling out its own version of Twitter, called Pulse, video game streaming site Twitch today announced its new desktop application, Twitch Desktop App. Twitch says the app will include community servers, voice and video messaging and game content distribution. Read More
- Facebook scores a deal to live stream Major League Soccer matches
- PassivDom is a Zombie-proof “autonomous 3D-printed mobile house”
- The New York Micro-Meetup is Monday
- Bolt Threads debuts its first product, a $314 tie made from spiderwebs
- Job Today inks $35M media-for-equity deal with European broadcasters
- UK broadband giant BT agrees to legal separation from pipes-controller, Openreach
- Regulators clamp down on UberX in Hong Kong and Thailand
- Hulu’s new live TV service scores A&E’s channels, but not Viacom
Hulu’s forthcoming live TV streaming service is starting to shape up. Today, the company announced it scored a deal with A&E Networks, which will bring six more channels to the core package, including A&E, History, Lifetime, LMN, FYI, and Viceland. The deal follows others Hulu has made with...
- Waymo files for an injunction against Uber’s use of its self-driving tech
Waymo has taken the next step in its suit against Uber, which it says took confidential proprietary information regarding how to make its custom-built LiDAR components for use in Uber’s autonomous driving technology. Read More
- How The Last Mile helped Kenyatta Leal walk from prison in San Quentin to a job in tech
- Banned crime reporting app Vigilante returns as Citizen, says its ‘report incident’ feature will be pulled
- Google partners with VCs to host its own machine learning startup competition
- Oculus introduces Facebook live streaming, Oculus Voice in new update
- That time Facebook went too far
- Planet’s new Explorer Beta lets anyone time travel through geospatial images
- NFL’s Drew Brees backs Waitr to make takeout easy in anytown USA
- Crunch Report | Oculus CTO Is Suing ZeniMax
Bolt Threads creates a tie made from spiderwebs, Oculus’ CTO is suing ZeniMax for money never paid to him and Google has a new startup competition. All this on Crunch Report. Read More
- Watch Zelda’s directors go deep on creating the masterpiece that is Breath Of The Wild
The newest Zelda game, Breath Of The Wild, is — and I say this without any attempt at being hyperbolic — an instant masterpiece. I won’t go so far as to call it the best game of all time — but if such a title can exist objectively, this one is certainly in the ring. It’s rare to see something like ...
- Bitcoin drops 15% after the SEC rejects the Winklevoss ETF
- The case for tenured voting
- Oculus catches a break as TRT lawsuit is dismissed
- Houston, Kalanick and Zuck walk into a headline
- Weekly Roundup: WikiLeaks strikes again, Google outlines cloud strategy
- Self-driving coalition gains safety and mobility members
- Verizon Ventures and R/GA partner to launch a digital media ‘venture studio’